Carrefour is the first retailer in France to make virtual reality widely accessible by launching its own VR glasses and creating a smartphone app.
The retailer is rolling out a system in its stores so that customers can find out about virtual reality (VR) glasses technology with 175,000 cardboard viewers at the special price of €3* each. This new campaign aimed at the general public is in addition to the fantastic bargains that customers can already get on a wide range of products both in stores and on carrefour.fr.
To give its customers this extraordinary immersive experience, Carrefour has come up with a journey through Russian mountains… aboard a shopping trolley. Using its VR application, customers are catapulted at high-speed on a roller-coaster ride, passing through 5 sensational worlds within which they’ll see the products which best epitomize the hypermarket:
– An ice cave, strewn with fresh produce,
– A “zen” world, where they’ll find hygiene and beauty products,
– An enchanted forest, lined with grocery and natural products,
– A futuristic world, full of hi-tech and multimedia products, as well as household appliances,
– And finally, a world brimming with festive products.
The Carrefour Month an unmissable 4-week campaign at hypermarkets throughout France during which customers can take advantage of huge discounts – up to 70% off with the Carrefour loyalty card or even 80% off major-brand products. There will also be Daily Deals on many hi-tech products and household appliances – both in stores and on the Carrefour website.