Packaging Research: A New Approach to Measuring Effectiveness
Do you want to know more about packaging? Thanks to his expertise, Prof. Jacoby explain why packaging is such an important aspect of brand strategy. He examines the major consumer research approaches used for determining package effectiveness, introducing a new one that overcomes other methodologies’ limitations. He illustrates this new theory by giving 2 concrete case studies.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Discuss the role of packaging in influencing buyer decision-making and choice
– Packaging functions
– Packaging elements involved in communicating and persuading
– Major approaches for measuring psychological response to packaging
– The objective of consumer packaging research
– Critical questions and key problems of current industry research methods
– Present and analyze a new and improved approach to packaging research
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Jacob Jacoby is Merchants Council Professor of Retail Management and Consumer Behavior at NYU Stern School of Business. Since 1980, he has played a lead role in conducting well over 10,000 consumer, marketing and communication studies. He is an award winning author of more than 160 articles and 6 books.